They can help smooth, brighten, plump, and soothe the appearance and feel of your skin
Does your beauty routine feel a little incomplete? Consider adding a hydrating serum. Even the most-tended-to skin can become dry or dehydrated at one time or another. Hydrating serums are formulated to enhance your skin’s moisture levels, not to mention they help provide instant relief and extended comfort for your skin.
While serums can be pricey, they are oh-so-worth it. Among their bevy of benefits? They can help smooth, brighten, plump, and soothe the appearance and feel of your skin. Plus, the light, velvety, fluid textures that serums offer not only feel good to the touch, but are able to sink right in, so your skin immediately feels more refreshed and radiant.
So who can benefit from hydrating serums? Well, just about everyone, it seems. According to pharmacists—and French beauty and skin care experts—Shirley Chemouny and Jean-Marc Vernet, these good-for-all-skin-types serums cater to:
- Young, oily skin: to offer a lightweight hydration option for people with oily skin who often will avoid moisturizing for fear it will make their skin even more oily. The truth? Lack of hydration can just cause your glands to compensate by producing even more oil.
- Men: to heal skin that has been irritated after shaving
- Those aged 30+: to combat the appearance of fine dehydration lines and prevent the signs of aging
- Mature skin: to enhance radiance and plump up the appearance of skin
- Skin exposed to sunlight: to reduce the appearance of damage caused by sun exposure
- Skin exposed to environmental damage: to fight the elements
So how do you incorporate a hydrating serum into your skin care routine? It couldn’t be simpler:
- Prior to your serum, spray your face with Vichy’s Thermal Spa Water. This preps the skin for the serum.
- Apply your hydrating serum morning and evening to thoroughly cleansed skin. (Try Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Power Serum; the formula not only combines the moisture-binding ingredient hyaluronic acid, but it takes skin care one step further by incorporating Vichy’s mineralizing water from the French volcanoes.) Side note: The highest concentration of Vichy’s mineralizing water from the French volcanoes, powered with 15 invigorating minerals to strengthen skin against external aggressors, can be found in the brand’s Aqualia product collection.)
- Because hydrating serums typically don’t contain any anti-aging UV protection, layer a sunscreen or day cream with SPF on top of serum to protect your skin’s natural barrier.